If you are in need of essential community services call 2-1-1

Call 2-1-1
This is a free service that lists local resources on a variety of topics. If you dial 2-1-1 from your local phone, you are connected to the 2-1-1 that serves your area. To help someone in a different part of the country, visit the 2-1-1 website. 2-1-1 is a confidential and multilingual service connecting people to vital and essential resources across the state.
Website: https://www.211.org/

Find your local Area Agency on Aging

Find your local Area Agency on Aging through Eldercare Locator
Call Eldercare Locator at 1-800-677-1116, tell them what city, county and state you need senior services for. They will give you the contact information for the local Area Agency on Aging. Your local Area Agency on Aging can connect you to local resources from adult day programs, Alzheimer’s resources, caregiving, elder abuse, food resources, health insurance, home repair, legal assistance, transportation & much more. You can also visit their website to find information about programs.
Website: https://eldercare.acl.gov/Public/Index.aspx

Wyoming Senior Service Providers

Below are some organizations providing services to older adults and their families in Wyoming. Each of these organizations can also answer your general questions and provide referrals for other services.

  • Housing Placement – Housing placement organizations work with older adults and their family members to determine what type of care is needed, senior housing or in-home care. If senior housing is desired, then they recommend available locations. This service is most commonly provided at no cost to the older adult and family, as the senior housing locations have agreements with the housing locations they represent.

CarePatrol is a Senior Placement organization who helps families find safer care options including assisted living, independent living, memory care, in-home care and nursing homes. We personally meet with you and your family to help guide you through the daunting task of finding an appropriate senior living setting. Our services are FREE TO YOU, as we are paid by tens of thousands of quality pre-vetted providers across the nation.
Website: https://www.carepatrol.com/

  • Assisted Living – Assisted living is for people who need help with daily care, but not as much help as a nursing home provides. Assisted living facilities range in size from as few as 25 residents to 120 or more. Typically, a few “levels of care” are offered, with residents paying more for higher levels of care. Assisted living residents usually live in their own apartments or rooms and share common areas. They have access to many services, including up to three meals a day; assistance with personal care; help with medications, housekeeping, and laundry; 24-hour supervision, security, and on-site staff; and social and recreational activities. Exact arrangements vary from state to state.

Deer Trail Assisted Living
2360 Reagan Ave, Rock Springs, WY 82901
In a phrase you could say it is just like being home but with the assistance you need when you need it. Living at Deer Trail is a celebration of life, reminiscing with friends, meeting new companions and spending time with family. It is a place that provides personal care in a residential setting for people who are unable to living independently and need assistance with daily living activities, such as bathing, dressing, eating, and medication management.
Website: http://deertrailassistedliving.com/

Mountain Plaza Assisted Living & Memory Care
4154 Talon Drive, Casper, Wyoming 82604
Assisted Living provides personal care in a residential setting for people who are unable to live independently and need assistance with daily activities such as bathing, dressing, eating and medication management. Mountain Plaza has state-regulated supportive care and a 24/7 nursing staff. At Mountain Plaza, you have a variety of floor plans to choose from that will fit both your preferences and needs.
Website: https://mountainplazaassistedliving.com/

  • Referrals to other Senior Services

The Society of Certified Senior Advisors (SCSA)
The Society of Certified Senior Advisors (SCSA) educates and certifies professionals who work with seniors. The Certified Senior Advisor (CSA)® credential applies to professionals who are able to demonstrate their competence and knowledge of working with older adults into their professional practices. By creating a network of qualified professionals, SCSA strives to create a strong and safe environment for seniors and those working with them.
Website: https://www.csa.us/

Searchable Databases

2-1-1 Get Answers, Get Connected
2-1-1 (Dial Phone Number 211) is an easy to remember telephone number that where available, connects people with important community services and volunteer opportunities. 2-1-1 is a free and confidential services that helps people across the U.S. find local resources they need. 2-1-1 is answered 24-hours a day, 7-days a week. United Way of America (UWA) and the Alliance for Information and Referral Systems (AIRS) strongly support Federal funding so that every American has access to this essential service.
Website: https://www.211.org/

Wyoming State Healthcare Licensing and Surveys
Learn about Wyoming’s healthcare facilities. Inspection reports are available, as well as tools to help you compare nursing homes, home health agencies, and hospitals.
Website: https://health.wyo.gov/aging/hls/

Nursing Home Search & Compare
Nursing Home Compare has detailed information about every Medicare and Medicaid Certified Nursing Home in the country. A nursing home is a place for people who cannot be cared for at home and need 24-hour nursing care.
Website: https://www.medicare.gov/care-compare/?providerType=NursingHome&redirect=true

Public Housing Assistance
If you need public housing assistance or want to know more about housing choice vouchers or subsidized senior housing, use the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) website to locate your state’s local Public Housing Agency (PHA). The HUD website lists Public Housing Agencies by city and state.
Website: hud.gov/program_offices/public_indian_housing/pha/contacts