Moving? Save Time – Change Your Address Online with the Social Security Administration
If you are moving and you receive Social Security benefits, you can change your address online with the Social Security Administration website.
If you get Social Security benefits (retirement, survivors, or disability), you can update your contact information in a safe, quick, and convenient way by following these five steps:
- Log in to my Social Security.
- Select the My Profile link on the right side of the screen.
- Select the Update Contact Information button and enter your address information.
- Select when would you like to schedule the update, then select Next.
- Review and verify your information, select Submit.
This service is not currently available to people who receive Supplemental Security Income (SSI) or do not have a U.S. mailing address. However, if you are receiving SSI, you can easily check your address we have on record via the My Profile Tab on my Social Security.