The Archdiocese of New Orleans
Senior Living Communities on the East and West Banks Welcoming People of All Faiths
|Wynhoven Healthcare Center – 504-347-0777
1050 Medical Center Blvd.
Marrero, LA 70072
Wynhoven Healthcare Center opened in 1987 from funds raised by the Horizon group. Monsignor Wynhoven provided the vision and the impetus to develop programming to meet the needs of the elderly on the West Bank in Jefferson Parish. Wynhoven Healthcare Center provides services ranging from skilled nursing care, short-term rehabilitation to hospice and end of life care. The facility was originally opened and operated by the Holy Cross Sisters of New Orleans. Wynhoven is a Catholic faith-based community offering Pastoral care and comfort. We are a non-profit nursing home operated by the Archdiocese of New Orleans.
Conveniently located across from West Jefferson Medical Center, Wynhoven provides 24-hour nursing care. Community areas include: attractive dining room and day room locations, chapel, beauty shop, coffee shop and activity room, as well as a large therapy gym space.
Wynhoven Healthcare Center offers residents a home-like environment in private or semi-private rooms. Each room is fully furnished and includes closet and storage space. Day rooms, located across from each nurse’s station, provide a congenial atmosphere for residents to converse, watch television, or entertain family and friends.
Wynhoven Services and Amenities
- 24-hour nursing care
- Respite care
- Memory Care
- In-House Dialysis
- Three meals daily (special diet preparation available)
- Refreshment and snack cart
- Nutritional, medical, social and activity assessments
- Daily mass (closed circuit television for those unable to attend)
- Daily religious services
- In-house laundry service
- Housekeeping service
- Emergency call system
- Daily social and recreational activities (7 days / week)
- Ombudsman and friendly visitor available
- Medicare and Medicaid certified
- Qualified social service staff
- Physical, occupational, and speech therapies available
- Daily restorative maintenance program available
- Beauty parlor / barbershop (Mon, Tues, Wed)
- Private telephone service available
- Daily newspaper services available
- Nighttime security
- Quarterly family council meeting
- Quarterly memorial services
- Utilities included
- Cox cable service
- Physical, Occupational and Speech therapies
- Dental services
- Podiatry services
- Psychiatry services
- Physician services
- Laboratory services
- Hospice intervention
Please contact us for further information or to schedule a tour.
More about The Archdiocese of New Orleans
The Archdiocese of New Orleans was created as a Diocese on April 25, 1793. It encompasses 4,208 square miles in eight civil parishes: Jefferson, Orleans, Plaquemines, St. Charles, St. John the Baptist, St. Tammany and Washington. The Archdiocese Ministry is broad in education and community. Part of that Ministry is reaching out to senior residents. The Archdiocese of New Orleans offers outstanding senior housing options for seniors within the New Orleans area and hospice services in New Orleans and 10 counties in Mississippi.