Urban Living for a “New Generation of Seniors” in Denver
Article submitted by Balfour Senior Living. Learn more about Balfour Senior Living and Balfour at Riverfront Park at their websites:
Denver, Colorado - Balfour Senior Living, a Louisville, Colorado-based owner/operator of full service senior living rental communities, has announced plans to build a $74 million senior living community in downtown Denver. The much-anticipated Balfour at Riverfront Park (www.balfouratriverfrontpark.com) development will be located adjacent to downtown Denver at 15th and Little Raven Streets in Riverfront Park, (near Union Station and across from Commons Park). Groundbreaking is slated for February 2013.
Originally designed by Robert Stern, the internationally acclaimed architect based in New York City (and later revised by klipp Architects of Denver, the architect of record), Balfour at Riverfront Park is designed to be unlike any other age-restricted community in Colorado, and will become one of a select few in the U.S. offering a full range of independent, assisted and memory care living choices. With Balfour’s signature hospitality, amenities and services, the community will have the look and feel of a five-star hotel.
“Colorado has a new generation of seniors who want to enjoy downtown Denver’s dynamic urban lifestyle,” says Michael Schonbrun, CEO and founder of Balfour Senior Living, a Colorado company he founded in 1996, Schonbrun, a native of New York City, and a resident of Colorado since 1974, was President and CEO of Denver’s National Jewish Health from 1981-1991). “Until now, seniors have had few options for upscale downtown living and few anywhere in the state will offer what Balfour at Riverfront Park will provide: an urban lifestyle in a park-like setting where residents have easy access to the city’s leading restaurants, cultural events, entertainment and sports venues.”
Michael continues: “The community will be a safe, comfortable and quietly upscale ‘urban resort’. The new Balfour community brings an important and hitherto missing element to the Riverfront Park neighborhood – a service-enriched community of seniors. We expect that younger Coloradans will find this a compelling lifestyle option for their parents and loved ones who may now live outside the Front Range, but want to move closer to family.”
The site is adjacent to the Moffat Train Depot, a landmarked historic building that will be incorporated into the project. Upon renovation, the 1,200 square foot Moffat Depot will serve as the Great Room for the 275,000 square foot, five-story community The entire project will feature:
- 112 independent living rental apartment homes, ranging in size from 600 square feet to 1,600 square feet, with one and two bedroom units available.
- 65 assisted living apartment homes with specially designed dining and outdoor areas.
- 27 state –of- the- art memory care apartment home community managed by Balfour’s Memory Care Executive Director and nationally renowned Alzheimer’s expert.
- Condo-style finishes in all the independent living apartments with full kitchens, high-end appliances and bathroom fittings, large windows and walk-in closets, many with outdoor terraces, balconies and fireplaces.
- European-style central piazza with gardens.
- Three dining rooms, each with a unique dining experience. Also included will be a bistro/pub, rooftop bar and art studio and several private dining rooms.
- Large spacious common areas including a great room, library, business center, card and game room, and full-service beauty salon.
- State-of-the-art fitness center and spa with indoor swimming pool, hydrotherapy pool and yoga studio.
- Full transportation services including a private limousine fleet to bring residents to and from local events, shopping, and medical appointments.
- Underground parking garage and valet parking service.
- “24/7/365” concierge service and state-of-the-art building security system.
Balfour at Riverfront Park apartment homes rates for independent living are expected to range from approximately $3,500 to $8,000 per month. No long term leases will be required, and a service package will be included in the standard monthly rents. Rates for the assisted and memory care apartments will be in a similar price range. Construction is scheduled to begin in February 2013, with completion slated for Summer 2014.
Posted April 2013 on www.SeniorsResourceGuide.com