Finding Legal Resources in Colorado!
Article submitted by Mary Dilworth, Colorado Bar Association CLE. Learn more about the Colorado Bar Association at www.cobar.org.
There are incredible resources and educational workshops available at the Senior Law Day. This event is not only for seniors in the community, but is also beneficial for adult children and caregivers who are helping aging parents, relatives or friends.
- Adult Protection and Elder Abuse
- Aging in Place – Maintaining Your Independence at Home
- Assisted Living and Nursing Home Issues
- Avoiding the Court and the Legal System: Mediation and Conflict Resolution
- Consumer and Investment Fraud Prevention
- Dealing with Trusts & Trustees
- Disposition of Final Remains
- Estate Planning: Wills, Trusts & Your Property
- Hanging Up the Car Keys for Good
- Hospice, Palliative Care, and Other End of Life Issues
- LGBT Domestic Relationships
- Lifelong Learning and the Aging Brain
- Living Wills, Advance Medical Directives, DNR Orders, Proxies, and End of Life Issues
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Medicaid and Medicare 101
- Mortality, Morality & Honor: Choices at the End of Life
- Nontraditional/Nonmarried Domestic Relationships
- Planning For Your Pets
- Powers of Attorney and Guardianship & Conservatorship
- Reverse Mortgages
- Social Security
- The Basics: Memory Loss, Dementia & Alzheimer’s
- The Village Movement and Your Community: Neighbors Helping Neighbors to Age in Place
- Trust Planning for Individuals with Disabilities or on Public Benefits
- VA Benefits
- What to do When Someone Dies
Much of the content presented at Senior Law Day also can be found in the comprehensive 2012 Senior Law Handbook, which is distributed free at the event.
Posted July 2012 on www.SeniorsResourceGuide.com